Locally made Summer Sausages and Beef Snack Sticks: The Perfect fall pre-grill snack
When the leaves start to change colors, and the air turns crisp, it’s a clear sign that fall has arrived. But thankfully, the arrival of fall doesn’t mean the end of grill season. Before you fire up the grill, it’s essential to have the perfect pre-grill snacks. Jack Cooper Custom Meats has a variety of locally made Summer Sausages and Beef Snack Sticks for your choosing.
- Betty’s Wild Blueberry Beef Summer Sausage
- Garlic Beef Summer Sausage
- Jalapeno & Cheddar Summer Sausage
- Original Beef Summer Sausage
- Dill Pickle & Cheddar Beef Snack Stick
- Jalapeno & Cheddar Beef Snack Stick
- Korean Barbecue Snack Stick
- Willy’s Beef & Cheddar Snack Stick
- Willy’s Beef Sticks
How to store Summer Sausage and Snack Sticks
Once you’ve picked out the perfect selection of Summer Sausages and Snack Sticks, how do you make sure they stay fresh? Summer sausage and beef sticks are known for having a long shelf life. When they’re unopened and properly stored, Summer Sausage can last up to 6 months in the fridge, and Beef Snack Sticks can last 1-2 months in the fridge. After opening, Summer Sausage should be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Snack Sticks can be stored in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Preventing air exposure will keep them from drying out, ensuring your next bite is still moist and flavorful.
Can You Eat the Casing?
One of the most asked questions about summer sausage is: Is Summer Sausage Casing Edible? The answer is yes and no. A general rule of thumb, the thicker the casing, the less edible it is. Most sausages you buy are going to have edible casings. Any that are not supposed to be eaten will be tough to chew, making it obvious. Casings that you should NOT eat are Plastic, Artificial (Cellulose), and Artificial (Collagen). Artificial (Collagen) casings are safe to eat, but it is not recommended. If your sausage has a Natural or Vegetarian casing, they are safe to eat.
Variety is Key
One of the best parts about Summer Sausage and Beef Snack Sticks is the pairing possibilities and wide range of flavors. Next time you’re snacking, try out some of these pairings:
- Cheeses: A combination that never goes out of style. Try a classic cheddar or a mild and creamy brie cheese for a contrast to the boldness of beef snack sticks.
- Crackers and Bread: Crackers and bread act as a neutral canvas to let the flavors of the sausages and snack sticks shine.
- Pickles and Olives: Try a mix of dill pickles, gherkins, or stuffed olives for a balanced taste sensation while you’re snacking.
- Fresh Fruit: Slices of apples or pears will provide a refreshing contrast, and their natural sweetness will complement the savory flavors of the sausage.
- Craft Beer and Wine: A cold, craft beer can be an excellent match to enhance your snacking. If you prefer wine, a red like a Merlot or Zinfandel will complement the savory or smoky notes of the sausages.
The possibilities are endless. With unique flavors like Blueberry Summer Sausage, Garlic Summer Sausage, and more, you’re bound to find a combination you love.
Being a Grill Master Starts Before the Grill is Hot!
At Jack Cooper Custom Meats, we’re not only passionate about providing you with the highest quality products – we’re committed to helping you create memorable mealtimes with your loved ones, and mealtime starts with a flavorful snack. The next time you’re planning to grill, make sure to stock up on your favorite summer sausage or beef snack stick. The right pre-grill snack will whet your appetite and give you the sustenance to tackle the grill with confidence!
*Remember, the information provided in our blog post is a guideline for you to reference. They are not definitive rules and may not apply universally. Specific circumstances and preferences may vary. Always use your personal judgment and consult with professionals when necessary.
Save on your snacks with our Pre-Grill Snacking Bundle!